/* -- FavIcon link -- */

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Another Plan Being Put in Place

I got back from the NIH/NCI yesterday around 5:00 PM. I'm still quite worn out from the traveling so I'll keep it short.

There in still quite a bit of mets in the liver. Only a small amount (possibly) went necrotic. There is also a new metastatic tumor, on the abdominal wall midway down the suture line where they opened me up. This is not good -- it's one more area to fight now. When I received the information yesterday morning at about 11:30 AM, Dr. Kammula had not had a lot of time to study the CT/PET/MRI scans and compare them to December's. He will also need to consult with Dr. Avital when he returns on April 12th.


Thus, I am now off the Gem-Ox and that is great because now my neuropathy can start to subside. My bone marrow can start producing RBCs again. That, is great because because my anemia will start to subside, too.


I will know more in the coming 10 days about the new plan of attack, possibly involving immunotherapy (as I understood it). And yes, we are disappointed, but I am never giving up and this is but another bump in the road back to NED (no evidence of disease)!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in our prayers this Easter Sunday. Keep fighting.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous TG said...

Wow - is that the same place [on your abdominal wall] that you were having that weird ache? How totally weird that a tumor would jump there!

You've done great so far, absolute role model for grace under pressure...

Am chanting "NED NED NED", and glad you're back in TX!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger walteradolph said...

Hang in there buddy. I wish there was something I could do for you.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you or Janine read something about how drinking expensive red wine with old friends from Colorado helps the anemia?

Wait a minute - I wrote that!

OK - see you in May during my AAAE conference, and I'll bring the wine!

GO BILL

Dejan

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you, Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home